Monday, July 30, 2007

Kho Tao- swin said the mama fishy

Once again, it's been a few days but here I am now in Kho Tao (Turtle Island). It's one of the three main Island of the southern west coast, it's about 26KM big. The main area is located down the coastline- not much on the actual Island.
Kho Tao is famous for the diving courses- I finished my open water today (equivalent to 1 star) and in two days will complete the advanced open water, the PADI (2 stars). The aquatic life are absolutely amazing. Reefs, fish, we even got a glimpse of sea horse- this time alive, and in it's natural habitat (rather than dead and on a stick. Refreshing). Beautiful.
My ears are slightly less fond of me  since I've started the course, but it really is nice. We are a group of Four (we were 5, one dropout), all Israelis with an Israeli instructor named Mattan, and the course itself is in Hebrew, which I found rather useful.
Other than that there isn't anything really outstanding in the Island- it's very pretty, expensive and well- that's about it.
On another note- I am proud to say I am am a proud owner of a Harry Potter copy (including an amazingly ugly mug I got with)- started reading it today. I also finished the first Jonathan Safran Foer book (Everything Is Illuminated)- Must say that either I really didn't get it or I didn't understand. Anyhow, I liked the second one better.
So this is it... Can't believe that next week on this time I will be just a few hours prior to my flight... I am excited, I must admit.

No comments: