Monday, October 27, 2008

Kochin

We are now in Kochin- the area were my family came from. We are staying in Ernakulam- the city (used to be just a town) my dad and my uncle were born in. We went to see the neighborhood yesterday: saw my dad's preschool and two synagogues, but couldn't locate the exact house and my grandfather's store (my grandfather was a butcher. Good thing he never knew his granddaughter is a vegetarian..). After looking for the place, we decided my dad will take pictures and show one of the other siblings (They are Nine) and figure out which of the houses is the one. In the meantime we've taken pictures of all the optional ones so once we know we'll have a photo of the house:-)
Later we went around town (which is one big city these days). We were all so fed up with the Indian food we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. It was good not to have my mouth on fire for one night.
Other than that My funny signs collection is getting bigger and bigger! Today's hit: a sign saying "Dutch cemetery" and underneath on small letters another saying "God's own country" or something like that. I thought it was historical.
Another thing to be mentioned is the daily power cut off. Unbelievable. There hasn't been a single day with no power cuts. Makes me feel right at home!
can't believe I'll be home in Three days.

No comments: