Wednesday, June 6, 2007

"See China right in front of you.." (U2, Beautiful day)

After a few days of not writing, here I come again, from China!
The trip to Jinghong, our first destination in China was hell: 24 hours on a sleeping bus, a bus with what they refer to as beds and I refer to as toothpicks with a pillow. Of course since we got on the bus after it left its first stop we got stuck on the back- 5 beds in a row, which basically meant I was either turning right and spooning Gil, or turning left and spooning a strange Chinese guy. Fun!
Another thing that caught me unprepared was the fact that Chinese people have a very unusual habit- they spit. And they put their heart, soul and body liquids into it. Gross! We see this cute little Chinese Girl, and out of now where we hear KHKHK and she spits her guts out, on the floor. EW! horrible.
Anyway we arrived in Jinghong on Sunday night, spent a night in what Gil referred to as a room and I as a dog house, then left and spent Monday wandering around town-8 hours of walking around and exploring. And after the first shock and lack of English it's was quite cool.
On Tuesday evening we took a flight to Dali- a town which is located in North Yunnan and here we are. It is absolutely beautiful (I think I should come up with some new words), and today we went Cormorant fishing- it's a unique way to fish with birds (basically it's quite cruel- they take the fish out of the Bird's beak. Bet your not having fish again. Now we are just hanging out. By the way I hope I'll have a chance to update again- I can't seem to log on to my blog here for some reason (here being China). Anyway we are staying here until Saturday, I think.
So long, and thank you for the fish..

No comments: