Monday, June 25, 2007

Kunming, Beijing,and in betwing

So I was going to be on my own for 2 days before I leave to Beijing....only Gil's wallet was stolen 3 hours before his train, so he has to stay one more night... oh well.
So here I am, in Beijing- I took a flight seeing as 38 hours by train didn't sound like a great idea when I'm with stomach problems. I am staying in the touristic area- which really looks like a "shchunat pachonim", and is really close to Tienanmen square.
Beijing is SO damn big! it took over an hour to get from the airport to downtown!
Anyway today I went to the Vietnamese embassy and explored a little, finding myself in the pearl/silk market- both names random- it's a huge indoor market where people literally grab you when you bargain and walk away. But it's very very nice.
Random fact of this week- for some reason I have the most weird thing stuck to my head: Frost's "Stopping By Woods.." (.."Whose woods these are, I think I know, his house is in the village though" etc.). God knows where that came from.The second thing stuck to my head is a song, curtsey of my grandma who used to sing it all the time, and it goes like this (sing by the tune of "My Bonny Is Over The Ocean":
Last night as I laid on my pillow
Last night as I laid in my bed
I stuck my feet out of the window
In the morning my neighbors were dead
Aaaand bring back, bring back, oh bring back my neighbors to me hi hi...

Now I was humming it myself when some American guy heard me and started laughing. oops.

So I guess this is it for now....I'm alone, and alive, and a legal alien, god knows what that has to do with anything.

No comments: