Saturday, June 16, 2007

Deqin- and Back to Zhondian

On Friday we left for Deqine (pronounced "Dechine")- we were told it's about a 5-6 hours ride... it was 7, in a very foggy yet gorgeous and dangerous road. When we arrived, a Chinese guy (also tourist) came up to us and ask if we want to share a cab to Feilai (it's a village near by where most tourist stay) and we did. Afterwards he also helped us find a decent accommodation (how useful it is to have a Chinese speaking guy with you!) and we went to eat. His name is Wesley (of course his Chinese name is much more complicated) and he is very nice. We also met a guy named Chao, Chinese who spent 14 years in Germany, and a girl named Shadow (Red Shadow actually), also Chinese, and we were all hanging out together.
The following morning Gil and Wesley decided to go on the Deqine Trek- I decide to skip because the weather is horrible, I wasn't feeling so good and I think I can use a few days on my own, So I headed back to Zhondian, and here I am. I spent yesterday evening hanging out with an American lady named Stephanie, and today I plan to hang out and do nothing....and tomorrow I'll be heading back to Lijiang, where i am due to meet Gil later on this week.
I also came up with a new hobby- taking photos of weird signs with funny mistakes. You can find a few on the last Bach of photos, but there are a few I wish I would photograph such as: "This toilet is only for peeing", "Please help us save hot water and power, so China won't have to build another dam", "Be car ful of the falling rocks" (mistakes are as the original).
So this is it for now....

No comments: