Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And... back to Lijiang

I have to say that having some time to myself was rather fun- I got to hang out with an American woman named Stephanie and an American guy named Ted, I also finally gone Chinese folk dancing and did very well! Erica would be so proud... (not). it was actually very easy to follow, and this old woman in traditional clothes got a real kick from the western girl trying to follow the steps.

so yesterday I arrived back to Lijiang- after the best bus ride in a NON SMOKING BUS! I didn't know such thing existed. How exciting.
Anyway, I arrived at about 15:30 and went straight to the Guest house- to see that it is full of people- half of them Israelis. The cool thing is that I managed to swap my book (by the way- Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer- weird book, but I liked it a lot!), and the coolest thing is that finally I have non Chinese music of my MP3 player! Hhooray for that!
And then it was showering rain (why!? no, seriously, why???), so I ended up staying at the GH with a few Israelis and we taught a few guys how to play Taki. It was actually very funny.
And at about Nine Gil arrived back from the trek in Deqine. So this is it... tonight or tomorrow we are heading to Kunming, the Capital of Yunnan province.

2 comments:

ReadDanceBliss said...

Soooooooooo proud! Yay Sivan!!

(Plus, I love that JSFoer book too.)

Miss you. Hope you're feeling better.

Sivan said...

You did?! did you read his first one? Miss you to...