Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bye Bye LAOS

Tonight we are leaving for China, so this is our last day here in Luang Prabang. I Actually had a lovely time in the past few days: Met a bunch of "siblings" in Beit Chabbad on Thursday, and went bowling- I'm proud to say that I still suck! Gil was actually winning, and Nir was even worst than I was... on the first game.

On Friday we hooked up with Jit and Phil- 2 English guys we met in Vang Vieng (Gil called them Harold and Kummar, guess why) and along with a guy from Denmark we went to a waterfall which was absolutely beautiful- turquoise water, plants, fish... tourist picnicking all over the place... really really nice.

When we returned we went with then to an Indian restaurant- I think there is a hole in my tongue... clearly I was born in the wrong Eda.

In the evening we went to Beit Chabbad for Shabbat dinner- it was lovely. We were about 30, some of them we knew and some not, and it was really nice.

Today we woke up to find out there is no electricity nor running water- and it kept going until the middle of lunch (again, in Beit Chabbad- by the way, the locals don't know what "Chabbad house" is, but if you ask about "Beit Chabbad" they will know exactly what you're taking about)- so that was fun....different kind of mingling, sweaty. Ew.

So now we are pretty much doing nothing.....just burning time until our bus to Jingxong (if I remember correctly)- we are leaving at 10 and it's at least 18 hours.... oy.

Anyhow, have a lovely week:-)

1 comment:

Phanomsinh said...

I am glad that you like my country
http://laotraveller.blogspot.com