Thursday, May 31, 2007

Loang Prabang

So after a horrible yet gorgeous 6 hours van ride were are now in Loang Prabang (silent R)- As I mentioned, the road was amazing but horrible- the Van had natural air conditioning- windows. And rain... and he drove on like 30 KPH because the road is full of turns... but here we are in the center of town!
No, wait a minute-"town" is over estimating...it's like a very big village, not very town-ish. But it's right next to the Mekong and some other river, and there are many beautiful temples.
Last night we went to the night market which was nice, and today we went to the temples. The largest one is located on a hill called "Pou See" and PLEASE- no puns/jokes/dirty associating, I am traveling with 2 guys and so help me god, I had ENOUGH with this joke.
Anyhow nice temples, but they charge 2$ admission fee each, so after one or two we got the idea. Afterwards we went to Beit Chabbad, and we are heading there tomorrow night for Shabbat dinner.
So that's it for now... I've uploaded more photos, so have a look:-)

1 comment:

ReadDanceBliss said...

"I am traveling with 2 guys and so help me god, I had ENOUGH with this joke." ---> Sivan, this cracked me up!! Your trip sounds amazing so far, I'm so jealous!