Sunday, May 20, 2007

Kanchanburi

OK, for some reason computers hate me. I honestly don't know why, But I don't see any other reason I can't manage to put up some photos, or encode the default language in the blog to a NON-Asian one. I'm in Thailand, than why the hell it's in Japanese!?
Anyway, back to my topic- We spent the past two days in a resort named Kanchanburi. Beautiful place, literally a spit away from the Khay river. We took a speed boat (some kind of a water taxi) to a Buddha temple. we climbed up ( I swear the air was thicker than the water. breathing is challenging), and faced what appears to be the fattest Buddha sculpture I have ever seen. Apparently it's Chinese;The Thai Buddha must have dieted or something...
Anyway in the cave we saw what I refer to as the "Buddha modeling book"- many many Buddhas in different positions. We learned that one is to warship the Buddha of the day of the week he was born (each day of the week has a specific Buddha and one is to warship the one of his birthday, respectively).
After that we went to an Elephant farm, and we did some Elephant riding (PilPilon, here I come!) it's nice, yet not that exciting....but Elephants are way cuter than I expected. After that we went into the water with them and "helped scrubbing them" as they took a bath- meaning we scrubbed them like a rubber ducky for a few minutes and enjoyed their splashing with their trunks for the rest of the time. my Elephant, Mr. Pil, splashed quite a lot.

On the following day we went to 7 falls national park. It was beautiful, and our tour guide, Mimi was a very very cute Thai lady, who spoke to us both English and Hebrew.
Then we went to the Tiger temple, and took pictures with DRUGGED tigers. So mom, no need to freak out!

Today we were supposed to leave to Vien Tian, the capital of Laos, but we postponed it to tomorrow, since Nir is sick and I spent the entire morning in the Hospital with him. He is still there (dehydration) and he might have to spend a night or two there. Anyhow we are not leaving until we know for sure he is OK, but he might not continue with us to Vien Tian after all.
Anyway, if you survived my longest post yet, let me wish all a Happy Shavuot! It is my favorite holiday (well, it's MY holiday) so eat dairy and think of me;-)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Shavuot!
Sivani!!!!!!!!
es un super viaje y me alegro mucho por ti.
Te quiero un monton
Becky

Sivan said...

yo te quiero tambien hermanita..
besos!