Thursday, June 14, 2007

Zhongdien (Or Shangri-La)

Yesterday we arrived here, after a 5 hours bus ride which was very nice. This is a city that it's charm is in the old city, but compared to Dali and Lijiang it's pretty lame. The cool thing was at evening- we went to the so called old town square, and they were doing Chinese folk dancing. it's actually pretty cool- I even joined them for a while, but with my lame experience in dancing I gave it up pretty quickly. But I am very proud of my Chines-folk-dancing experience:-)
Today we rented bikes and decided to go see the Napa sea- a lake which is about 10 KM for the town. Happy and light hearted we biked, in the freezing wind, just to discover that the damn lake is DRY! and we already paid the admission fee. Boy we were pissed. We biked back, stopped were there is a nice temple, and a nice lady charged us 2 Y (which is like a shekel).... to take a photo. After that we just biked back.
I met quite a few people here- some of them we met before on the Tiger Leaping and in Dali and Lijiang.
Believe it or not- I uploaded NEW photos! yay! I can't believe I finally managed to do so....
So I guess this is it...no witty stories for today......yet.
tomorrow we are heading to Decine (or Deqin) it's the most Northern part of Yunnan, and it's on the border with Tibet, and it should be very nice and freezing. we are likely to stay there for about a week and then go back to Lijiang and to Kunming. So that's it for now...

No comments: