Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Saigon. Sigh. Gone.

And the pun is there for a reason. What can I say? Ho Chi Minh City is huge- and it's divided to districts- the biggest one is district 1- AKA Saigon. And that was just a useless piece of information.
Yesterday I went to what used to be "The American War Crime Museum"- and these days is called "The War Remnant Museum". Wow. Unbelievable. It really was shocking, although it was one of the only signs of hatred towards the Americans for as far as I spotted. But it was quite tough- photos (hopefully) to come.
Today I went to see the Mekong Delta. It was nice- though I didn't get to see to actual Delta. I went on a tour to Mytho, a town located right by the riverbank, then continued on a boat to see Coconut candy making (yum), and then some boat rowing, fruit tasting and local horrible music hearing (music is not the word I'd use for it) -and back to Saigon.
I also decided that I am leaving tomorrow to Phenom Penh in Cambodia. I still need to get the actual ticket, but it seems about right.
Anyway this is it for now... once again, photos to come- once I get a computer that won't be out beat by a limping Turtle with a blister. Hoping for the best!

1 comment:

marikova said...

dear sivan, it was pleasure to read all your adventures, {still didn't finish them all} anyway I am glad you are back at home in one piece. take care