Monday, July 2, 2007

Last day in Beijing!

Which is actually today, seeing as I am leaving tomorrow.
Apparently, yesterday was Canada day. Now, under any other circumstances I would never have known that, but last night I was hanging out at the hostel with an American guy and a Canadian guy, and there was another Canadian girl there and they brought my attention to that fact- the best part was when they were slightly drunk and stood up, hand on their heart and sang loudly the national anthem of Canada. The second highlight of that night was hearing a Scottish guy saying, in what appeared to be Hebrew- "Sak ashachim gvinati masriach". For those of you who don't get that- you're better off that way. It was SO funny. There were Three Israelis there, and we cracked up. The dude was awfully proud of himself.
Today I went with a dutch guy named Juri (Yuri) to a local amusement park. They charge 5 Yuan admission, but apparently you have to pay for each ride... Chinese math.  Anyway I had a great time, we did really cool roller coaster, and seemed to be the only western people at the park.
Anyhow, tonight is my last night in China, so my next post is very likely to be from Vietnam. Hope all of you are doing good...

4 comments:

Dr. Betsy Diamant-Cohen said...

Sivan,
You are such a terrific writer! Just wnated to let you know that I love reading your posts. Not only do I know what is going on with you, but I also get to hear your wonderful sense of wit and humor!!!
Love, Betsy

Sivan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sivan said...

Thank you! I'm blushing:-)

Sivan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.