Monday, July 16, 2007

Muy Ne- Muy Kef?

Actually the answer for that is no- I was quite disappointed. But first, I must share with you what appears to be the best form of toilet I had seen- and I had seen quite a few. Seriously, I thought the public restrooms in China was the highlight, but clearly I was wrong: on the way to Muy Ne, the bus made a stop (as they often do). I was very happy since nature was calling- screaming, might I add- so like a typical female I rushed to the toilet. Now, here is the thing- I went to the cell, booth, room- whatever you'd call it- only there was NOTHING, other than a bucket of water and a teeny tiny hole in the wall. After a few minutes I figured out that one is pee ON THE FLOOR and wash it out with the bucket through the teeny tiny hole in the wall. Holly shit (scratch that- holly pee). In case you were wondering- I went out and found a bush. That was just too much for me.
Muy Ne is a one-street-town right by the coast, the beach is amazingly beautiful, and the place is so peaceful, but for some reason I just didn't connect to the place. Not sure why.
I spent an entire day there- got there at noon, wandered around, went to a place called "The fairy stream"- not sure way- and to the waterfall.
The following morning I took a sunrise trip to the great sun dunes- It was amazing, only I have a problem with the fact that 10 year old kids are up, following you around, carrying your stuff, help you sand surf and then beg you for money, and then ask for more. It really makes me sick.
Sand surfing wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, but the concept is cool- you surf down the dunes.
Anyway, by 14:00 I was on my way to Ho Chi Minh city- AKA Saigone, which is where I am now. More to come about that later...

No comments: