Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Gooooood Morning Vietnaaaaaaaam!!!

So predictable, but I was SO going to use this line. Actually, I think it's rather ironic for me to be in Vietnam on July 4th...Happy independence day all you Americans, by the way!
So here I am in Ha Noi- the capital of Vietnam, which after Beijing looks like a neighborhood.
Actually I had an awful experience on my way out of China- no one alerted me that liquids are prohibited on board- So all of my shower stuff- soap, toothpaste,body lotion and the brand-new-haven't-been-oponed shampoo and conditioner were confiscated by the security. man I was bummed. And they were extremely rude too...well, at least some security officer at the Beijing airport is going to have a real shower party now. The most ridicules thing was that I was given a bottle of water, and then the plane landed in Guanxou for a connection flight, I had to get off the plane and wait, and of course they confiscated my bottle by the time I wanted to go back. JEES!
But here I am, back to the tropical-so-damn-hot-and-humid-I-want-to-live-in-a-refrigirator weather. FUN!
I went exploring and wandering around. Serious flashbacks to the old city of Beer Sheva, only with cooler people. But I have to say it's nice and rather cool.
I am desperate for a book! I swapped Im Yesh Gan Eden yesterday for "Angles and Demons"- yet again- and finished it this morning. See, now that's when reading fast is bad! So I am stuck with an English copy of "Lost In Translation"- I just started it, but I don't really have any expectations. Though I must say it's a safe candidate for the "What the hell were they thinking when they translated it into Hebrew?" award- In Hebrew it's called "lLost in Tokyo". Man.
Anyway, more to come on my adventures (?) in Ha Noi.. but meanwhile Happy 4th of July all you Americans!

No comments: