Sunday, July 22, 2007

Angkor Wat (wait, what?)

Well, yesterday I went to see Angkor- the center of temples located 8 KM from Siem Reap. It wasn't quite as I expected it to be, but it was lovely. Photos to come- once I make peace with what for reason is called "High Tech". God, it keeps getting worst. Gevult.
Anyway Sarit, Ayelet and myself had a Tuk Tuk driver (the most common way to get around seeing it's huge)- a very funny guy named Meth.
We got to see the Angkor Wat (what?)- the famous temple which is can also be found on the national flag of the Cambodia kingdom, and Angkor Tom, and even the place where Tomb Reider movie was shot. Yep, if it's good for Angelina, it's also good for me. Right.
The whole day was rather exhausting- by 16:00 we gave up and headed back to Siem Reap (which by the way, means Thai losers. Honestly. Isn't that just hilarious?)- so we didn't get to see the sunset.
At evening, we were reminded we are in south east Asia- the power went off for like an hour, in dead heat....I am getting used to it by now.

Today Sarit and Ayelet took off, so I was on my own again. I went to a place were they train blind people to give massages- it was awesome and worth every cent (and it was damn cheap). oh, it was fantastic.
Tomorrow I will be heading back to Phenom Penh.... Yipi...

No comments: